Monday, November 27, 2023

found an idea to study out

But, I really don't have the time right now. I am sure a time will come a force my nose into books cause I will need to know. 

So, the apostle Paul knew that there would be a falling away, ok. Then, I wonder why the apostle John would ask to stay until Christ returns to preach the Gospel. I only mildly wonder about things I heard taught before.  Time to study it all out on my own. And I need to understand the dynamics a bit better, if John asked to stay on earth until a second coming then he knew that Jesus would die, maybe he had already died at the point, but what purpose would he have for wanting to stay alive to bring more souls if Jesus was going away himself. I suspect I will find that it has to do with why he is called beloved, and writes so much about love. I guess he understands so much and is overflowing with love. But, my mind questions if all of this love is for the gospel plan and not merely Jesus cause he did not ask to stay with Jesus and help him, when I am supposing that he could trust that whatever Jesus would be returning from would be the best thing to do....lots of questions here. And why does he ask privately? Is that really what he asked or is this just a paraphrase that I had just always assumed...again, many questions of which I really need to read and study.

No comments:

Post a Comment