Thursday, December 21, 2023

little boys

Both of my sons are amazing people, to divulge a little secret, I sometimes believe that they will both become mighty prophets, like the ones that John mentions in the book of Revelation. That always makes me think of Lucy Mack-Smith who is quoted as having said that there was nothing unusual or noteworthy about Joseph Smith's childhood. I have marveled because surely he did or said things that belied such a magnificent character. This morning I realized one additional thing I had not considered and that was the fact that her eldest son was Alvin and she also would have considered things that most would think were amazing as usual when I started to consider the other boys in that family.

I attended a silent auction for the Christmas Box house where a teen in foster care was talking about life and they said that both parents were in prison and growing up, they merely believed that was just something common to all parents. They had no idea that life could even been different... new thought: Studying Aurora Lee,  our teacher told us that if we had been born into captivity we would never anything else, and a caged bird 🐦  only gets power from imagining something else and believing it, and I thought that was the same thing Joseph Smith taught in the school of the prophets as recorded in the book lectures on faith. In my current musings it is easy to see why Joseph Smith, the American Prophet's mother did not notice anything extraordinary about his childhood. She also noted that their family was likely seen as peculiar.

No comments:

Post a Comment