Sunday, April 28, 2024

pondering in your heart

Sometimes things we ponder are private, not secret. I am hesitant to even place this online, but I do so for the benefit of my descendents. I want them to know there is much more to me than what I write about and record. And it is these little pondering that form how I act and become. I liken this unto a fact that deeply impacted me when getting fitted for my dentures I had a tray thingy in my mouth and it sort of compensated for the teeth that I had lost. Lately I had lost and so when the tray was removed it upset me and I said such. That I felt better with that tray in my mouth. Then, he explained(not even knowing about my back aches) that a missing tooth will effect our posture, by effecting the muscles around it, and in a domino sort of way, even a back ache can be the result of a missing tooth. And so, these little thoughts effect my views and eventually my personality.

Ok, so, what I was thinking about is that when we are born we existed before. Understood. Yet, we are called children of God and he is our father and yet, we were never created, and are without begining, ok, organization and creation are not the same thing, to me. But, wait, two ideas give birth to a new one, right? And we are intelligences. Are we intellectual property of God, thereby we call him father? 

Eliza Snow wrote a hymn "Oh My Father." Where she asks if she has a Heavenly Father, doesn't she have a Heavenly Mother? So, my ultimate question/prayer has always been is he our father literally or is that just a good metaphorical title? Sort of like all of those great Father's day talks that mention how reverent the title of father is Everyone agrees (not that it makes it more true) that donating part of the building blocks or genetic material makes you worthy of the name father, so many have spoken plainly and born testimony that God is our father, what does that actually mean? Such are the things I am privately pondering this morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment