Tuesday, October 6, 2026
working it out
I think I understand the lure of a pocket know-it-all. Just moments ago I thought of something and wanted an answer, but I knew the answer I would get would be incorrect as I usually do know, but ask anyway to fill my quota of diverse opinions. I thought, asking God just makes more sense if I wanted the truth, but ah, HAH! That's it! How does he speak to me if I ask? And that lead me to realize why teens seem so wrong like all of the time! It is understandable. They want an answer to their questions and they want it to be easy... the internet is full of easy, quick answers. No matter how complex one gets. There is an expert ready to lead you that way. My mom explained it as: we already know what we are looking for. But, we are looking for support, and regardless which perspective we take we find support and feel justified in that perspective. Thinking, experts support my view do it is superior, dopamine hit! So, next time we have a problem, without thinking, our brain yearns for another hit, so we reach for our easy answers instead of talking to the sky, or how it can feel, anyway. There is no dopamine thrill that comes everytime we pray... the opposite could potentially happen. A lady once said in a class I was in, "If I believed that every question deserved a similar response, I would never pray, because it is documented what happened to Joseph Smith when he got frustrated at the expert opinions a day decided to ask God....no sooner was he seized upon by an overpowering doom and helplessness. She explained that if that happened to every prayer, then I would not venture to pray."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment