Tuesday, October 6, 2026

spiders

I was drying a pair of pants to get the wrinkles out when I saw a spiderweb and started thinking about how small they were. How on earth could they recall where it was safe to make a web and where they would more likely be spotted and killed. Plus, know how to make the stinking web in the first place. It was then I used to always just think I was so brilliant when I remembered what I had learned about evolution and epigenetics, and The matter was u derstood, appreciated, and life could continue as usual. 

This was precisely when a typical young person would seek for answers from their phone. But, I had seen a cool video/talk given by David A. Bednar about how we can be instruments of the spirit without knowing it, in fact, we do not even need to fret about that, just be good. He mentioned how he struggled with a choice he was "inspired" to make about going to see a basketball game. He thought it was his own thoughts, even his wife said he would do anything to get out of a meeting to see his son play ball. But, looking back it was plain to see as things played out, that he had Infact been a tool of God and "inspired".likewise,  I have realized time and time again, that I of myself am nothing, but through me incredible things are said and done. Others just say I am being humble or not giving myself enough credit, but really, it was not from me.

One last story. I was in a meeting and a baby was really really being unruly, and one lady just got up, though she did not even know the people, she comforted them and calmed/soothed the baby. Afterwards, I tried to praise her for what she had done, and she said, "I was just being human. It is nothing more than what anyone would have done." But, I knew though she might not have, that was Christlike love. She had become his hands, so to speak.

She tried to convince me it was nothing. She had been raised in a village where everyone helped raise every child so it was ingrained in her to just help where help is needed. But, combine that story with Bednar's talk and it becomes clear what is going on here and everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment