Thursday, June 20, 2024

Jesus Wept

It has always tugged at my thoughts,  sort of like a child and you know they are speaking to you, and want your attention, but you always mean to find out what they want later, but they will not relent until they capture your attention... so, I gave it today.  

Jesus cried when his friend died. That's odd, nicht wahr? But, in that passage he explains what makes him cry. It is his purpose to testify of the father, not necessarily to go around flexing his power.. I mean, just think of all the restrain he needed to exercise, but in this moment, he was able to use that power to do something that he sort of selfishly wanted, his purpose and his will lined up!!! His father was going to let him show his great power in doing something that would have been impossible to men otherwise.

Speaking of miracles, I was thinking about Moses, but more specifically how Alma was asking the people if they could recall all of the miracles in their lives, like Nephi being commanded to get the plates, but then Laban saying "no" and actually trying to steal everything he had and kill him. Or, like Moses leading the Children of Isreal out of Egypt, right to the Red Sea. Where they were sure to perish. But, an episode of the chosen, Dallas Jenkins talked about asking to use a set and having all of the actors and crew ready to start, but then though it was considered a sure thing they were told no, and he was wondering what on earth he was going to do. His wife said it was a red sea moment... and this week as I started reading about Alma, and how he was sent to go do things that seemed hard to impossible, no no, side track... it was when he was asking the people to remember the miracles that had happened. And it occurred to me that he was so right. If I knew one thing was true it snowballs into everything. So, Although I could reason myself silly and still know nothing, then I thought of the Cookville miracle (a movie based on a real event). That actually happened. So everything else had to also be true. So, back to the Red Sea. I had a certain idea that seemed as impossible as someone being dead for over 3 days. A thing happened that is like pass the point of no return, a thing I believed had to be accepted as impossible, but it occurred to me that maybe to truly have something it had to be impossible any other way and that was why Jesus Wept, it was not in morning, but perfect happiness as he realized that he was going to be allowed to use his Father's power and others would then be unavoidable able to know of his power... so, I can be happy when things seem to fail and need Heaven's aid, cause it will be there, just like it was in Cookeville, Wyoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment