Monday, September 16, 2024

conclusion on weight journey

This morning, it occurred to me as I weighed myself, realizing it might not be accurate, I was already prepared for any result, so when my accumulative weight loss over the weekend was less than a pound I was not upset. Infact, I came to the following conclusion:

True, I had gained weight and typically, when I start a true fasting regime my weight loss is fast and dramatic, but even then I conclude that weight truly does not matter, much like my glucose levels they require an explination, but ultimately are not at all to do with what it is I want. So, what do I want? I used to think it was that I wanted to be skinnier, but, what I want is to look good, and any size or shape can be "bejeweled", it is the constant up and down that drives me crazy. I have chosen a different path, one that Although not tauting dramatic weightloss, it promises a healthier, constant me. I do not need to fit into my old clothes, but if I get new favorites, I do not want them to change.

So, I will not set off to totally toss and rebuild my wardrobe until I stabilize, and I am happy about weight loss, and it not being dramatic, nor was it a difficult fast, plus, I got to eat normally at my parents house, and still be relatively the same!! It was a good week so far. I came to terms with the big mistakes that I was making and rectified them, so it was not a big change, but one that will, over time, cause the sort of change in appearance that I am looking for. It was so eye opening to me to see how my glucose levels spiked and we're their highest right after I at "healthy" food typically recommended for weight loss, and it read high even after I had fasted for 24 plus hours. I did not feel hungry or tired, but what was the coolest thing to see is how it naturally snapped back to a "baseline" almost instantly after hitting a high, only about 4 hours later it was practically low. So, kniwing how good my body is at establishing patterns, I am going to work with that and confuse it and than set a new cycle, meaning, I was eating at the wrong times and that made more of a difference than WHAT I ate.

A take a way is that I need to not choose one particular diet plan to stick to, or any particular food as my "safe" food. No such thing. It matters more about protein and maintaining energy that burning of calories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment